Wednesday, January 16, 2008

CHICKEN POX

No pictures to post today, but just to inform everyone that the chicken pox still live! I haven't heard of anyone having them since we were little! And, these days they get a vaccine for them. Well, I guess there is ALWAYS that little % that can get them and Emma is that little %! Woke up yesterday morning to a wet bed AGAIN (she is going through that again, any suggestions on how to resolve that one, please let me know!!) Anyhoo, I put her in the tub and noticed some spots all over her. It looks sort of like red bug bites. The more I looked, I noticed she had 2 in the roof of her mouth! I don't think red bugs can get in your mouth and bite, can they!?! So, I get on the trusty web MD to look it up! Well, it sure looks like the chicken pox to me, but a mild case! So, I call the doctor's office at 6:45 to speak with an after hours nurse. Well, they have changed the rule on that. No nurses available until 7:30 and it is $20 to speak with the on call doctor. So, I said to myself that I would call back at 7:30! In the meantime, I call Mama to see if she could come down here to check it out. No answer at the house, so I leave a message thinking she is in the shower or something. Long story short on that one, she had to go get my dad on the interstate at Garners Ferry Rd exit b/c he was broke down! His alternator went out on his truck! And, she FORGOT to turn her cell phone on, so I thought something was wrong with them! LORD, what a morning already and it isn't even 7:30 yet!!! By this time, Trent as woken up to a green snotty nose and he eyes crusted shut with green goop!!!! So, I took 'em both in to see Dr. Finch! Trent has an upper resp. infection and conjuctivitivus (sp?) in his eyes and possibly a sinus infection!! And, Dr. Finch is 99% sure that Emma has the chicken pox, but wants to recheck her this a.m.! So, just to let everyone know that if you or your kids were around Emma in the last 2-3 weeks, there is a SLIGHT chance that you can get it! I think the chances are better if you haven't ever had them or you haven't been vaccinated! So, I worry about Brady and Sawyer since you don't get that vaccine until age 1! I hope they are safe!!

Hope everyone else is having a good week!!

No comments: