Here is a VERY GOOD recipe I tried tonight. I found it in the Publix weekly ad. They advertise a meat every week and a recipe to go along with it! It took all of 15 minutes to cook, with NO prep time!! And, the taste, absoutly GREAT!! I used minced garlic instead of fresh b/c I don't like pressing fresh garlic, but it's all the same! Anyways, thought I would pass this along to everyone, ENJOY!
Nested Crab Cakes With Couscous
4 (3-ounce) Shaw's Crab Cakes
1/4 cup butter, divided
1 1/4 cups water
1 (5.8-ounce) package Near East Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Couscous
2 cloves fresh garlic
2 cups tightly packed Fresh Express Spinach
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 Place crab cakes on microwave-safe plate; heat in microwave on DEFROST (30% power) 2 minutes or until thawed. Preheat large sauté pan on medium heat 2–3 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon butter in pan and swirl to coat; gently add crab cakes and cook 5 minutes.
2 Add 1 tablespoon butter and turn crab cakes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 6 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
3 Meanwhile, combine water and 1 tablespoon butter in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until boiling. Stir in couscous mix; cover and let stand.
4 Remove crab cakes from pan and cover to keep warm. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to pan. Crush garlic, using garlic press, into pan. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press. Cook 1–2 minutes until browned. Add remaining ingredients, cover, and cook 1–2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is hot and tender. Form nests of spinach and top with crab cakes. Fluff couscous with fork and serve.
Friday, September 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Thanks! I love cooking and need easy recipes!! Sounds delish!
Post a Comment