Sunday, February 25, 2007

Virus and Strep Throat

No pictures to post because I have been out of commission since Thursday. First, Trent caught the stomach virus early Thursday am around 2:00 am when he woke up throwing up. He did it again about 3:00 am. After changing his sheets twice, I finally laid back down about 3:30 and asked Geoff if he would just snuggle with Trent in the recliner {he's on night shift this week, so he was already pretty much up}. I thought keeping him upright might help a little. Well, as he was walking upstairs to lay Trent back down, Emma is walking out of her door. We tried so hard not to wake her, but she doesn't sleep very deep. She had been coughing. I had just drifted back off to sleep so I could get at least another couple hours before having to get up for work, when here comes Geoff into our room with someone {I say that b/c its dark and I assume he has Trent, thought he threw up again}. Well, this time it was Emma, she wanted to get in the bed with me. After her coughing spell, we finally probably got to sleep around 4:00 or so. 6:00 am, time to raise and shine. Got myself ready and the kids. Trent seemed alot better and ready to eat. Got him some juice and grits and he ate just about all of it. So, I thought his little bug had gone, until... On the way to daycare {about 2 miles away} he threw up several times in the car all over himself, toys, car seat, the seat in front of him. So, I pulled into work, thankfully I had a change of clothes in his backpack. Got him cleaned up, took Emma to daycare, and called Geoff to come and get him. By the middle of the day Thursday, Geoff said he was better, didn't throw up anymore and was eating normally. So, Friday morn, I wake up with the virus. But mine was mainly from the other end. I noticed my shoulders, neck, head and throat were also hurting. Didn't think anything of it until Sat. morning when I got up and couldn't even swallow. So, I made a trip to Doctors Care, and yep, strep throat it is! I could bearly walk or hold my head up I felt so bad, all I wanted to do was to lay down. So, I rested ALL day and night, the kids stayed with mama and daddy b/c Geoff had to work Fri, Sat and Sun night. Well, this am, Geoff gets home from work with the virus, and I also feel like I am getting it back. I guess we are just going to pass it back and forth! And, I talked to mama this am and she said that Trent threw up again too and he will not eat anything, just drink {at least he is drinking!}. Emma is laying around not feeling too well either, coughing and runny nose. Mama also said that my dad had a little bit of the stomach bug yesterday also! I still feel like crap and I am hoping to start to feel better soon. And, like all of this isn't enough, I also woke up this am to welcome "Aunt Flow" {you know, that time of the month!}. Woo-Wee, way to spend a weekend! You know when Mommy is sick, who is there to take care of everyone else?!?! Please pray for us that we will get better soon! And, I guess stay away from this Spradley Family for a couple of days {LOL}!!

No comments: