Wednesday, June 07, 2006

OUR GYMNAST!

June 6, 2006: GYMNASTICS DAY!! Emma has started taking gymnastics at Carolina Gymnastics on Rabon Rd. Ever since we went to see Spencer at gymnastics, Emma has talked about her taking gym. So, I checked into it, and they have two 4 week summer classes and then the fall season will start again for 9 months. We decided to sign her up for 1 summer session in hopes that she would like it. I was wrong.... SHE ABSOUTELY LOVES IT!! She has been so excited and the day finally came and she seemed like she was going to explode with excitement. We arrived and she instantly became friends with the other 2 girls in her class {there is only 3, I guess some of the fall session kids take the summer off}. They got along just great. Her class is 45 minutes long and she will go every Tuesday in June. I was wondering about skipping Julys session and then sign her up for the fall one, but I can immediately tell that is not going to happen. She didn't want to leave and has already asked me about 20 times, "Is it time to go back to gym?!" I am very thrilled for her and love to see her have a good time. I think this is something for her to grow and look forward to doing. We got to watch her through a window and she was so into it and listened to her teacher so well. It seemed like she was such a natural. They got to warm up, do some moves on the bars, and climb and jumb. The 3 year olds have their own private gym called the CASTLE ROOM. I guess at age 4 and up you go into the big gym. But, the castle room is so neatly set up for kids that age. Here is some pics {sorry they are a little foggy and unclear, I was taking them through the window}... maybe this is the next Mary Lou!!! :)

Emma warming up with some stretches.
On the bars concentrating very hard!!
Some kind of leg move {Spencer would know what it is called}!
Emma arriving {I know, this pic should be first, I don't know why it uploaded last!}

No comments: