Monday, April 17, 2006

Still no pics, but I do have a post.

Hope everyone had a great Easter, we did! I still don't know how to post pics yet, but I have a post. I had to take Emma to the dr. today... one reason is b/c she has a lump (knot) on the back of her neck on the left side. Geoff found it there the day before her party (Feb. 17, 2006). So, that Mon. after her party we took her in to the dr. to have it checked out, both of us thinking the very worst. He said it was a swollen lymph node and it should go away in about 3 weeks. So, we waited and now it is the middle of April and the lump is still there. Second reason is that she has thrown up kind of randomly 3 times this week... twice on Tuesday and once early Sunday am about 2:30. She has also not had an appetite and just not acting herself. And yes, there are days when she just plays and plays (like Saturday) and we think there is nothing going on. So, I called the nurse this am and she said to bring her back in to recheck everything. So we did... they had to prick her little finger. She did so GREAT. This is the second time they have done that and both times she has done better than I do. She just sat there talking and asking the nurse what she was doing, she was so interested. Turns out, Emma has Mono. Don't ask me how she got it. So, that is why the gland was swollen. And of course there is no cure or medicine to treat with b/c it a viral infection. He talked about putting her on Steroids, but her throat and everything else was clear and into the late stages of the virus. So, it will just have to run its course. And we get the fun job of keeping her away from Trent, especially his face, mouth, etc. She loves to kiss on him so much. We have to take Trent in on May 5 for his 9 month checkup, so he will recheck it then. Anyways, thought I would let everyone know. The dr. said that it is most common b/t the ages of 15-35, but little children, even babies can still catch it. Hope everyone has a great week and I will try to post some pics soon!

5 comments:

ginger said...

hope emma feels better soon! andrew and spencer have both been sick and it's definitely no fun. take care of yourself too leslie!

Cate, Hank, Brady & Owen said...

Mono! I never would have thought that was what it was. I'm glad we know what is now, and also glad that it seems to be clearing up...

Ashley said...

Poor Emma - I hope she's doing okay and feeling better soon!

Ashleigh Ammons White said...

I hope Emma feels better soon... let me know if i can do anything for you Leslie!

Anonymous said...

Hate to hear about the mono, but atleast now you know and don't have to guess. Why can't there be rx for everything? Thanks for calling to let us know. We just love yall and are thankful you are in our lives!! Have a good week and we might see you bright and early Sat am!!