Oh, and Wednesday night around 12:30 Emma woke up with a fever of 102 and complaining of her throat hurting. Took her to the Dr. Thursday morning to find what I thought, she has strep throat. I think it is going through the school. Poor thing, she felt so bad all night and day yesterday and really didn't eat anything b/c her throat was sooo sore. She told me, "Mommy, I don't like the way I feel and want it to go away!" I wish I could just blink and your pain be gone baby! Hopefully after a couple days on the anti. she will be feeling better!
Friday, October 03, 2008
Trent's "Big Boy" Bed / Emma - Strep Throat
We finally got Trent a bed. 6 years ago when we purchased a crib and dresser for Emma when she was a baby, we got the "crib for life" package. Which is the crib that can convert into a toddler, twin and full beds. Well, we got Emma the white bedding set and gave Trent this set. We turned it into a toddler bed about 1 1/2 yrs. ago until time to make it a twin bed. Well, that time has come, so we proceeded to turn it into a twin bed. Well, while breaking the bed down, we figured out that we were missing a few pieces. It was the conversion kit (which you have to purchase seperately)! Who knew, b/c the sales associate told us 6 yrs. ago that we had EVERYTHING we needed to make all 4 beds! Oh well, I guess you can't go by what anyone says anymore!! SO, I call up the store and manufactuer of the bed to find out that the conversion kits had been discontinued about 4 yrs. ago! GREAT, now what to do! Don't want to get rid of the crib, it matches the dresser! And, nevermind that I love the bed and both of our kids used it! We wanted to keep it in use. Oh well, so we decide to get an unfinished bed and stain it to match the dresser and just box and store the crib to pass down to the grandkids one day! Mama and Daddy bought the new bed and daddy and I headed to Lowe's to find the perfect stain. So, what do you think, does it match perfectly or what?!?! It turned out BETTER than I expected! SO, after 2 months of Trent sleeping on just the mattress, he FINALLY has his own "big boy bed"!! THANKS MAMA AND DADDY!! TRENT SAYS THANKS NANNY AND POPPY!!! WE LOVE YOU!!

Emma loves her bed too!
Notice the pillow she is sleeping with, the Boppy pillow! She loves it!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
The bed matches perfectly!! Good Job!! And I just called Baby Furniture Plus to make sure Price's conversion kit was still being made.....and it is, Thank Goodness!! Something else to worry about!! :)
The bed does look so good. So sorry Emma has been sick this week. I hope she is feeling better.
The bed looks great! We are ready to transition Ethan now before the new baby gets here.
Oh, BTW, I missed you last Friday; you had an appt for your color & cut.
Post a Comment